Tuesday, May 26, 2009

20 miles....

So we went on a hike to see where Rick's 3 greats grandpa carved his name in 1888. We had the understanding that the hike was 3 miles one way. well when we got to the bottom of the path( after 90 minutes of 4WD on rough roads) we were told the 3 miles was how the GPS mapped it (by bird's filght). The guy in charge was guessing 8-10 miles each way. I got alittle worried about Rick's ankle and the amount of food I had packed for 7 people. As we were loading the backpacks I whispered to Rick "are we going to starve on this mountain". He assured me no, but I was not convinced. Yes, the hike was hard and hot. But so rewarding!!!! Here are some pics I hope I can remember how to do this smilebox thing.... UGHHH my internet is blocking smile box SO here are a few pics...




5 comments:

Hanberg's said...

Looks like a fun, but long trip. And I'm glad you didn't starve to death! PS I LOVE your cute short hair.

Malisa said...

Looks like a beautiful place! I'm so glad you survived the trip. I don't want to lose our new neighbors!

young family said...

I think I have done a few of those "only 3 mile" hikes before ;) I take it you found the right spot? Sounds like a fun time though.

Mike and Linda Bringhurst said...

Sounds like an ADVENTURE!!! But you know me and dad....anything to do with your family history is definatly worth it! What a great memory.
School is out for me and I am celebrating....I went for a walk about 7:30 am and thinned out the day lilies and transplanted some new starts of columbine and ivy geranium. So far its been a great day. I hope I continue to be productive for the rest of my school vacation.
love, mom

julie said...

Sounds like you guys had some fun "family time". I love making memories for my kids to hang onto forever and talk about when they are old, and it sounds like thats what this fun trip will do for your kids. I am glad that you got got to go!