I know it has been along time since we posted last. I think it is partly because of the post I knew I needed to do and I just wasn't ready. Most of you know that we lost Rick's mom after a long battle with breast cancer. Here is a favorite picture the kids have of her, it was taken 2 years ago when we went to Disney Land. It is a fun memory we have as a family, it had been about 1 year since Rick's dad died in a car accident and our family needed some fun.
This next picture was at the Relay for Life the end of May. This was a great experience for all of us. JoAnn was able to do the survivor lap and stay for a few hours. This is really the last picture we have of her before she got very sick. Here she was about 1/2 way through her last round of chemo. The Relay for Life will continue to be a tradition our fmaily always participates in.Thank you so much for all the support we have been given these last few months (even years). I can honestly say we have been carried by the strength of your prayers through these experiences in our life.
JoAnn Coil, mother, sister, grandmother, and my friend. Dec.10, 1947 - Nov. 14, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
OK we're back...
Posted by rick&alisse at 7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thank you for sharing your life with us. You are a great family and I have treasured the time I spent with Joann and your family! She was a very special lady!
Alisse and Rick so sorry to hear of your loss. It is hard to lose a loved one. You are in our prayers
Hi Rick and Alisse, Sometimes it is hard that life just goes on, during these times. But it does, and that makes it easier to put one foot in front of the other. What a special family you are, and the memories you will always have in your kindness, and Christlike love for your Mother. May God be with all of you. You have been in our prayers. Love Shari & Steve
I'm sorry to hear that Rick's Mom passed away. I will remember you in my prayers.
Post a Comment