Well, today was probably the warmest day we've had this spring. I think we hit 80 degrees. I know that doesn't sound like much to you Texans but thats toasty for this neck of the woods. We worked in Rick's mom's yard this weekend trying to get ready for grass. Rick and his brother got the sprinkling system almost done and Mary and I put up the 'great wall of china' almost. Well, actually we build about a 24 inch high wall with landscaping rocks to terrace her front lawn. It is probably 36 feet long, it was a lot of work, but it felt good to get it done. (except the sunburn I brought home with me, and I put sunblock on 3 times today!) BUT even better than getting things done for JoAnn was the feeling I had when I got home. I have a dear neighbor who knows I wish that my yard looked better, but it doesn't. While we were working in JoAnn's yard she snuck over to our house and killed the dandelions in the lawn, weeded my front flower bed, found two surviving strawberry plants and fertilized my struggling peony. When I called her (I knew it was her because I don't have too many friends that would do that) she said that she has a sister out of state who is really struggling in her personal life and she is too far away to help her so she has been praying that her sister's ward will know of her needs and be there for her. Thats when she decided to help someone in her ward as a way of meeting the Lord halfway. It made me think of all the wonderful neighbors and friends we have all been blessed with and the comfort a person can get knowing that their family members truely have an extended ward family to care for them when we cannot. So give a big thanks to all those friends of yours from me for being there for you when I can't.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's a sweet story. It reminds me of when I was pregnant with Maya and sick (big surprise) I ran an errand throwing up along the roadside along the way. I returned home to find My friend snuck into my house and cleaned my bathroom. Such a relief and help.
I was finally able to get in and see your blog. It is so cute. I can't believe how big your kids are. They are all so cute. Thanks for your comment on our blog. I love this blog thing, it is so much easier to keep up with everyone.
Love you lots- hope to see you all at the reunion.
Post a Comment